RTI to Rajasthan Police on Facial Recognition Technology
The information sought herein relates to the use of facial recognition technologies by the Police.
- Please state the legislation or rule which authorizes the Police to use facial recognition technology.
- Please state whether any legal opinion was sought by the Police prior to procurement of facial recognition technology. If yes, please provide a copy of the legal opinion.
- Please state whether any cost-benefit analysis, feasibility study or privacy impact assessment was conducted prior to deployment of facial recognition technology. If yes, please provide a copy of the same.
- Please state whether there are any guidelines, policies, rules or standard operating procedure governing the use of facial recognition technology by the Police. If yes, please provide a copy of the same.
- Please state the specific purposes for which facial recognition technology is being used by the Police.
- Please state the total expenditure incurred (in rupees) on procurement and maintenance of facial recognition technology with an annual breakdown.
Please provide a copy of the following documents relating to tender issued by the Police for procurement of facial recognition technology:
a. All tender documents including Request for Proposals, Request for Quotations and Scope of Work
b. List of bidders who applied for the tender
c. Work Order issued to the selected and the Conditions of the Contract.
- Please provide an exhaustive list of persons and/or organizations authorised to operate and use facial recognition technology.
- Please provide details of the software and hardware being used for facial recognition.
Please provide details of the database(s) in which images are stored for the purpose of facial recognition including:
a. Where these images are sourced from
b. Where is this database located
c. Which persons and/or organizations who have access to this database
- Please provide a copy of the accuracy reports of such facial recognition technology which is being used or is proposed to be used.
- Please provide information whether any third party assessments have been made of the facial recognition technology being used. If yes, please provide a copy of the report of such assessment.
- Please provide an exhaustive list of databases with which the facial recognition technology will be linked in order to identify individuals.