RTI to Education Dept. of Govt. of NCT of Delhi dated February 15, 2022
The information sought herein relates to the use of facial recognition technology in conjunction with the CCTVs installed by the Delhi Government in all government schools in the national capital. Please provide information in response to the following queries:
- Please provide information with regard to the total number of CCTVs installed in government schools in New Delhi.
- Please provide information with regard to whether any facial recognition technology system has been used in conjunction with the CCTVs installed in government schools. If yes, please provide details about this use including its purpose and the legal basis under which its use is authorised.
- Please provide information with regard to who has access to the CCTV feeds installed in government schools.
- Please provide information with regard to whether there is any SOP and/or regulations in place to ensure that CCTVs are not misused and that the feed is not accessed illegally. Please provide a copy of such SOP and/or regulations
- Please provide information with regard to the duration for which the CCTV feed is stored or retained.
- Please provide information with regard to the purpose of the installation
In case the above-requested information is not in digital form to be shared by DVD or through email, kindly provide physical printed photocopies of the same.